- New taxes, penalties, and fees will discourage businesses from growing, lowering economic growth by $706 billion and costing 800,000 jobs.
- The Federal government will force the 18 million of the uninsured to go under Medicaid, while others must accept another government program. Despite this, millions will still remain uninsured.
- Each year, $125 million will go towards subsidizing school-based health centers and programs to reduce teen pregnancy, with no requirement to reduce abortions. Parents won’t know what services their children will receive.
- Half of those on Medicare Advantage will lose this coverage thank to rate increases.
- Health care costs will rise thanks to $47 billion in new taxes on drug companies and medical device makers.
- Nearly two-thirds of doctors are considering abandoning any kind of government-sponsored health care insurance, stating that regulations are too high and reimbursement too low.
- By forcing States to accept federally-mandated health insurance, the Act violates States’ rights.
- Small businesses, the drivers of new job growth, will be especially penalized by $52 billion in new taxes and new IRS reporting requirements.
- Despite $500 billion in new taxes, Obamacare will increase the deficit by $500 billion over the next 10 years.
- Over 17 million children will be denied care for a PRE-EXISTING CONDITION.
(Source: Heritage Foundation, Impact of Obamacare)
In short, there are so many unconstitutional infringements under this policy. We need to really take another look at what our government is doing.